Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 12 March 2019

Mountains Call (The Hiker's prayer)...


Dear Lord of the mighty moulds
Hear me as I make this call;
In warmth, yet in cold
As I march to the valleys of the hilly roads
Lift me as I throw one foot in front of the toe
Here I come, once again, to explore
What wonders You have kept unknown;
And yet the stories You have held untold
Push me further now as I grow;
Push me higher up to the pointy glow
Show me that which only You and the winged have known
...
And to the greatest heights I set my journey
So give me the courage to fight my worries;
Hand me the strength to keep my bold
Rough or slippery, yet I shall hold
Cold or blazing or more I shall go
In fear I crawl;
And in bravery I throw
Farther and further and more I shall explore;
Every cave and every wonder You have kept in fold
In glaring sunny days;
Or in shady breezy paths I tour
...
Distance beyond distance and yonder I rally
At dusk or dawn I clamor Your glory
For my thirst and curiosity I must find a savory
Breaching the borders and the tides of memories
And in the end, fulfilled I shall return to my boundaries
So, safely, I ask that You may descend me
...
-Ibn Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment